Five Business Truths to Learn By Heart
By Veronika (Ronnie) Noize, the Marketing Coach
There have been times when I wanted to tattoo these truths on people's foreheads, but that probably wasn't my best idea ever.
What is a good strategy is to share these with you now, and beg you to learn them, not because I made them up (because I didn't), but because they are true and you need to know them to succeed in business.
1. People do business with people they know, like and trust. It is not hard to develop a relationship with your prospects, but it is essential. The good news is that you can do it passively, and the bad news is that so can your competitors.
2. People buy solutions or experiences, not features. This means that people buy what they want, not particularly what they need. For example, we all need to eat, and most of us need more fiber and greens in our diets, but still the majority of us choose burgers or pizza for lunch rather than steamed broccoli and a side salad.
3. People want specialists to handle their problems because they feel more confident that someone with experience and specific expertise will understand their situations more completely, and will handle it better than a generalist. Who do you want handling your brain surgery: Your general practitioner, or a neurosurgeon?
4. Your product or service is not the right solution for everyone, but that is no reflection on its (or your) value. You may not know all the reasons people choose not to buy from you, but you should know all the reasons they do buy so that you can find more of those people.
5. When you invite a prospect to work with you, you're not begging for money, you are offering a valuable solution to a problem. But if all you care about is the sale, then you are a beggar.
Read more articles or view Top 10 lists.
Veronika (Ronnie) Noize, the Marketing Coach, is a successful Vancouver, WA-based entrepreneur, author, speaker, and Certified Professional Coach. Through coaching, classes and workshops, Ronnie helps small businesses attract more clients. For free marketing resources including articles and valuable marketing tools, visit her web site at www.VeronikaNoize.com, or email her at Ronnie@VeronikaNoize.com.
Five Business Truths to Learn By Heart © 2003 Veronika Noize. All rights reserved.