Top 10 Tools For Coaches
By Veronika (Ronnie) Noize, the Marketing Coach
When you're ready to build your coaching practice, you'll need the right marketing tools in your toolbox. Through my work with hundreds of freshly-minted coaches, I've found that there are ten tools that every coach needs to make a success of the first 18 months of business. You may know of some coaches who didn't use these tools and who were successful, but let me assure you, they would be the exceptions to the rule.
If you want to increase your odds of success, you'll build a strong foundation for your marketing by putting these tools into place. Later on, when you've established a solid client base, you can add or subtract tools so that your marketing is tailored to your unique talents and personality. Until then, this list gives you all the key ingredients you need to market your new coaching practice.
- A strong self-introduction. Many of us call this our "elevator" speech.
- Business card (and stationery) with your title and niche, plus current contact information.
- A top 10 list, that demonstrates and shares your expertise in your niche.
- Letter templates for following up meetings, networking, and so on.
- Testimonials from clients. This can be copies of letters on client letterhead, or even a list of excerpted quotes. If you don't have any from paid clients, do some pro bono coaching and get testimonials from those folks.
- A web site that functions as a relationship tool.
- Scripts for outreach phone calls, leaving voice mail messages, answers to the frequently asked questions, etc.
- Slots for free sessions (you may call them "initial consultations") in your calendar.
- A welcome packet in both hard copy and electronic formats.
Read more articles or view Top 10 lists.
Top 10 Marketing Tools for Coaches copyright © Veronika Noize 2003. All rights reserved.
"I help small businesses attract more clients."
~Veronika Noize, the Marketing Coach
Veronika Noize LLC
The Marketing Coach
PO Box 87952 · Vancouver, WA 98687 · USA