Top 10 Visibility Tactics for Raising Your Sales
By Veronika (Ronnie) Noize, the Marketing Coach
Whether you're an entrepreneur or a sales professional, the key to success is creating a reputation that attracts business to you. It's no longer enough to be an expert with a good network; to really expand your sales, people have to hear about you before you hear about them. There's an old sales adage that says people do business with people they know, like and trust. You can introduce yourself and begin to build trust before you ever meet your prospective clients by using some or all of these tactics:
- Create an "annotated" signature line, which is a detailed, informative signature that is appended to all your email correspondence. Include your title, all contact information, and company tag line. Also consider including a call to action statement, quote, or testimonial.
- Put up a web site. Personalize it by writing the copy in first person, using a photo of yourself, and by describing the type of clients that you serve, or products you sell. Register your site with search engines, as well as industry directories. Add reciprocal links to your site to drive traffic.
- Write articles for your web site (or someone else's) and/or submit them to business and industry publications.
- Send out a newsletter (or contribute to someone else's). Include information of real value, as well as your contact information.
- Host a seminar or workshop on your area of expertise. Consider creating an email course, available through your web site using an auto-responder.
- Speak on your topic of expertise at industry events or association meetings.
- Get involved in the leadership team of your industry or networking association, or volunteer to work on community projects that interest you.
- Set up a Team 100. (100 professionals in your professional network to whom you refer business, and who will refer business to you.)
- Send press releases to a targeted list of industry and local media about your speaking engagements, new accounts landed, or other milestones.
- Nominate yourself (and/or others) for awards.
Bonus ½. Add your photo to your business card, your web site, your marketing materils. Heck, just use a photo as often as you can!
"I help small businesses attract more clients."
~Veronika Noize, the Marketing Coach
Veronika Noize LLC
The Marketing Coach
PO Box 87952 · Vancouver, WA 98687 · USA